Fort Dorchester will be holding graduation on Saturday, May 28, 2015 at the North Charleston Coliseum. The ceremony will start at 9:00 am, but graduates should arrive no later than 7:45 am. Graduating seniors should be reminded of the obligations that must be paid, and the meetings they must attend in order to participate in the ceremony. On Friday, May 13, most seniors will be released from their English classes to discuss appropriate conduct and attire. Seniors who do not attend this session will be required to attend a makeup session in room 114 on May 16, 17, or 18 at 8:15 am. Textbooks and any debts or payments must be taken care of on or before Thursday, May 12, 2016 by 4:15 pm in order to pick up the required caps and gowns on May 13, 2016 during lunch. Seniors requiring an expulsion hearing and/or enrollment in School Intervention Program must complete the program prior to graduating. If this has not been done before graduation the senior will have to graduate in summer school instead of at the ceremony.
Appropriate attire for the ceremony is strictly required, and graduates who do not follow this dress code will be removed from the ceremony:
- Dress or a blouse with a dress skirt (Hem may not be visible below the graduation gown), neckline should be completely covered by the graduation gown, dress shoes (no athletic footwear or flip flop type shoes).
- Dress pants (no denim/jeans or athletic pants, black or other dark color preferred), white dress shirt with a dark tie, dress shoes and dark socks (no athletic footwear, Crocs, sandals or flip flops) – no t-shirts or polo-style pullovers.
- No sunglasses, headgear, flip-flops, sandals, or tennis shoes. Absolutely no wraps or other adornment of the cap are permitted.
Some important dates to remember are:
- Friday, April 22: Senior scholarship/commitments to serve in the military must be turned in to the Counseling Department or completed on the designated web page.
- Thursday, May 12: Debts to the school must be paid by 4:15 pm and all textbooks must be returned.
- Friday, May 13: Senior cap and gown pick up during ILT
- Friday, May 13: Practice senior graduation seminar, you will be released during English class. Evening school/DCCTC/GAP or TTC must be here at 8:55 am, 9:53 am, 10:44 am, 11:35 am, 1:26 pm, or 2:17 pm.
- May 16, 17, 18, 8:15 am (room 114): Makeup dates for the required graduation seminar
- Thursday, May 26, 6:00 pm: Senior remembrance night in the auditorium.
- Saturday, May 28, 7:45 am: Senior must arrive at the North Charleston Coliseum
- Saturday, May 28, 9:00 am: Graduation ceremony
- To be announced: All APEX/Extended year must be completed
- Contact Mr. Dasinger for more information